This is it! Our favorite gameplay mode. You will need at least 3 participants to play this version of Cufflinks Challenge. But the more, the merrier. Play as follows or enforce your own house rules.
PICK WHO GOES FIRST
• Each player draws a card before gameplay begins. This gives people plenty of time to prepare for the big moment when they’ll share a super un-boring story.
• Decide who goes first by voting on whose outfit most closely resembles the room decor. If you didn’t want to go first, maybe you shouldn’t have worn a shirt that looks like wallpaper.
START A CONVERSATION
• Choose 1 of 2 prompts on your card. If you have trouble reading the second prompt, simply turn the card upside-down. See? Magic!
• Tell an off-the-cuff story inspired by the prompt you chose. Make it a really good story, because you’re about to get some fierce competition.
MAKE A CONNECTION
• Other players can relate additional stories to the conversation by calling out, “LINK!” Players should not call out unless they believe they can top the previous story. If you don’t have the best story to share, the player who does is going to get an extra point because you called out. We built this lovely feature in to save our players from boring stories. You’re welcome.
• Each player who called “LINK!” shares one story related to the prompt.
CHOOSE A FAVORITE
• Everyone votes for their favorite storyteller. They may choose from the cardholder or any of the players that called out, “LINK!” Players may not choose themselves, because that would pretty much be cheating, and no one likes a cheater pants.
• The newly-elected story boss is awarded 1 point for every player who competed in the conversation. So, the winner of that card gets 1 point for the cardholder, and 1 point for each player who called, “LINK!” That’s why you don’t want to call out “LINK!” unless you have a pretty good story.
WIN THE GAME
• When each player has played one card, the game is over. More cards may be played for smaller groups.
• The player with the most overall points wins the game. Of course, you won’t be able to stop after one game because everyone will be laughing and enjoying themselves.